- UAE- Criminalizing Dissent UAE 94 Trial Deeply Flawed / Judicial Observation Report August 2013
- Threats and Attacks Plague Yemen's Brave Human Rights Defenders
- TRIAL OBSERVATION REPORT: Case Number 17/2013 “THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES 94” / March 2013
- The GCHR 2013 Annual Report / Attacks on Human Rights Defenders Continue
- European Resolution on the UAE: "Biased and Prejudiced?" / Mission to UAE investigates crackdown on free expression in which 64activists have been detained
News from International Organizations
- UAE: Cameron Should Press Rulers on Torture
- Report on Bahrain’s Attorney General Dr. Ali bin Fadhel Al - Buainain and his position in the International Association of Prosecutors
- Ceartas submits complaint to Int’l Association of Prosecutors urging expulsion of Bahrain Attorney General
- Arab Working Group for Media Monitoring met the Tunisian Minister of Human Rights
- Bahraini rights defender denied the right to a fair trial
Written by HRDs and Journalists
Human Rights Defender Nabeel Rajab received the Advocacy Award from Index on Censorship
Index On Censorship - 29 March 2012
Human rights defender Nabeel Rajab, director of the Gulf Centre for Human Rights and Bahrain Centre for Human Rights have received the Advocacy Award from Index on Censorship. The Advocacy Award has been given to the Bahrain Centre for Human Rights.
The Advocacy Award, recognizes campaigners or activists who have fought repression, or have struggled to challenge political climates and perceptions.
The Bahrain Centre for Human Rights (BCHR) has played a crucial role in documenting human rights violations, political repression and torture in the gulf kingdom. Despite efforts to silence and discredit it, the BCHR has kept international attention on the brutal government crackdown that began last February.