Kingdom of Bahrain: Joint Submission to the United Nations Universal Periodic Review 41st Session of the UPR Working Group
1.1.This submission to Bahrain’s Universal Periodic Review (UPR) is made by Americans for Democracy & Human Rights in Bahrain (ADHRB), the Bahrain Center for Human Rights (BCHR), FIDH and the Gulf Centre for Human Rights (GCHR). ADHRB and FIDH have ECOSOC status. (See Annex 1 for more info.)
1.2.In this submission, the authors examine the Government of the Kingdom of Bahrain’s (Bahrain) compliance with its UPR recommendations and international human rights obligations. To this end, we assess Bahrain’s implementation of recommendations received during the 3rd UPR cycle and provide a number of follow-up recommendations.
● Section 2 examines Freedom of Expression and Freedom of Association.
● Section 3 examines Prisoners of Conscience
● Section 4 examines Unfair Trials and Use of Torture
● Section 5 examines Violations against Women Human Rights Defenders (WHRDs)
● Section 6 examines Children in Detention.
● Section 7 examines Religious Freedom
● Section 8 examines Discrimination and Violence Against Women
● Section 9 examines Effectiveness of National Human Rights Mechanisms
● Section 10 contains recommendations to address the concerns raised and advance implementation of recommendations under the 3rd UPR cycle.
● Annex 1 describes the 4 CSOs making this submission.
For the full report click above on "Download File"